Love.

Love.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Meet little Robbe!

Yesterday was one of the most magical days of our lives.  We had the privilege of seeing our little nugget for the first time.  When Matt stepped into the room, we began the mini-ultrasound.  The screen turned on and there was the baby!!!  It was the most incredible thing I had ever seen.  You could physically see the heart beating...wow!! 

Since twins run in both sides of our families, we were wondering how many nuggets were actually in there.  The doctor confirmed that there was only one baby...PHEW!  I would have been happy with twins but maybe a bit overwhelmed.  So it's official...there is only one wee wittle nugget in there. 

As the ultrasound continued, Dr. Baker said in a shocked voice, "Look guys!!!!!"  We looked closely at the monitor and nugget was flapping his/her arms up and down.  We continued to look and believe it or not, the baby was dancing inside me.  The baby was bending at the waste and moving up and down while flapping his/her wee little arms.  Apparently this does not happen too often as these ultrasounds usually just show a floating peanut.  Not us, you could see the arms, legs, head, heart and eyes....and well, our baby was waving and basically saying "Hi Mom and Dad...Wanna see what I can do??"  It was precious and of course, the flood gates opened for both of us. 

What a magical experience.  There are so many generations of people and pregnant women but goodness, it means so much more when it happens to you.  I cannot believe Matt and I created this beautiful baby and I cannot wait to meet him/her.  Here is a snapshot of the ultrasound.  You will meet mini-Robbe in another 10 weeks when the sex is officially disclosed.  Until then...it's growing time:

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait for our wee little nugget. I love you Ashley Rhae.

    ReplyDelete