Love.

Love.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Nugget to Ethan

It has been a while since my last blog post...I apologize for that!!  When I originally started this , I had the intention of updating it quite often.  The idea was to eventually print off the posts and combine them into a journal.  Unfortunately my morning/day-sickness had gotten the better of me. While some women never experience morning sickness, others experience it in full force for the first 3 months.  I am part the unfortunate group that will suffer through it for the duration of my pregnancy.  This seemed quite depressing until I caught a 24-48 flu bug earlier this week.  Matthew called into my OB and made an appointment to check me out. The nurse prescribed me to Zofran and ordered that I drink some regular Coke (which was quite a treat) and suck on some sugar-filled Popsicles.  The doctor was trying to get my blood sugar back up since it had been nearly 30 hours since I had consumed anything.  I stopped by Target and picked up my prescription. Wearily I took the medicine, assuming it would do nothing.  Let me just say....MAGIC PILLS!!  I had heard many women mention this anti-nausea prescription but it was never offered to me.  I guess it is not usually mentioned because it is so expensive.  Some have told me that each pill is $12/piece.  Praise the Lord for prescription plans!!  I got a pack of 20 with 2 more refills. I plan on using this until I deliver.  Needless to say, I am feeling FANTASTIC and am so happy!!

As you are aware, Matthew and I had my 21-week ultrasound earlier this month.  While everything checked-out fine, Matt and I will have to get another ultrasound on 5/14 so we can get a clearer picture of the hands, face and the 4-chambers of the heart.  As the ultrasound technician was snapping photos of the baby, she got some pretty good (and obvious) shots which pointed out his "boy-hood."  He is definitely a boy!!  Ethan Timothy Robbe...that will be our little nugget's name.  While Matthew and I were dating, we had talked about having children together.  We had actually already picked out our first boy and girl name before we tied the knot.  Premature? Maybe...but it sure did make things a lot easier.  His middle name has some significance as it is my dad's name.  My mother's maiden name was Patrick and she gave this as a middle name to my brother, Gabriel.  Since you cannot really use Wasson as a middle name, we decided to give him my dad's first name....plus, it sounds REALLY sharp and strong when you put it all together. I absolutely LOVE it.

I have really started to feel the kicking.  For a while, the flutters felt like gas.  Now that I am progressing along, I can feel actual kicks. I cannot imagine what this will feel like 10 weeks from now! :)

Now that the gender has been disclosed, we are in major purchasing mode!  Well maybe I shouldn't say "we"....it's more like, ME!!  I started shopping around and have found a TON of great things.  My sweet momma is throwing me a Baby Shower on June 23 so I have put a lot of stuff on my registry!  There is so much out there...I'm trying not to become the typical "new mom" and buy EVERYTHING that babydom has to offer.  We have also been getting small gifts and cards in the mail so our collection is growing.  I can't wait to see it all come together.

I will be taking a few more "preggo" pics in the near future.  I originally thought I would take a picture each week and would view them as a flip-book.  As my tummy started to grow, I decided that I didn't want to capture EVERY growing moment....you current or formerly preggo women will understand :)

Until next time....xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment