Love.

Love.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Don't be fooled

So Matt and I were almost swindled out of $300 the other day.  This story was so ridiculous that I felt compelled to share this with everyone.  My tire has not been holding air so Matt took it into Goodyear Tire the other day.  Upon diagnosis, we were informed that a large nail was lodged inside.  The technician indicated that the hole was located too close to the rim of the tire and could not be repaired.  He also stated that we needed to replace the OTHER front tire since "you must always replace two tires at a time."  This seemed quite odd since my tires are in great condition and fairly new.  The guy "offered Matt a deal" and quoted him for $298 on both tires.  WHAT!?!?!?!

I'm so glad I married a smart man!!  Matt politely declined their offer to fix the vehicle and took it over to Walmart's tire shop.  The technician took a look at the tire and said "Yup, we can fix this.  It will cost $10 for the repair.  All your other tires look good to go."  WHAT?!?!?!?  You mean I was almost swindled for THAT much money?  Luckily, my dad taught me enough about cars in order to never have this happen.  I worry that some naive people will end up paying these outrageous amounts of money for a problem that probably doesn't exist.

Word to the wise:  Always get a second opinion!!

No comments:

Post a Comment