Things have been absolutely crazy (but a GOOD crazy)!! We finally moved to Columbus, Ohio and are starting to get settled in. United Moving arrived on June 26 and started packing/loading our house into a truck. They sent out 4 guys to pack our house...starting at 3:30pm and ending around 10:30pm. While I did not have to pack anything per se, it was quite a hot day to say the least. Matt was a trooper and helped to pack/load along with the movers. Once we were finished, we watched our stuff drive away and head to Richmond VA where it would be stored for 1 week. We got a hotel in Lynchburg and decided to dine at Macados (partially because that was the only sit down restaurant open that late). We awoke bright and early the next day and made one last stop by the house. Vacuuming the carpets, taking out trash and looking for anything that may have been left behind. We took the keys off our key rings and placed them on the counter (this was so exhilarating)!! Around 12pm, we locked the front door and said goodbye to Lynchburg, VA. I always thought I would be belting sounds of JOY when I was leaving but I found myself a bit sad. We drove past Liberty as we headed out on 460 and I got teary-eyed. I NEVER expected that to happen!! I have many wonderful memories in Lynchburg. Since arriving in 2002 (to start my undergrad), I never imagined that I would be there nearly 10 years later. The best part of VA is that I met my amazing and incredible husband there. I will forever hold Virginia near and dear to my heart but am definitely ready for the new journey that awaits us.
Arriving in Columbus that evening, we blew up our air mattress and headed to bed. We "bachelor padded" it up until our household goods finally arrived on July 4. I was quite disheartened when I first saw some of the damaged stuff being delivered but Matt kept assuring me that everything would be ok....and of course, he was RIGHT!! We definitely turned lemons into a big sweet glass of lemonade. Our damaged sleigh bed is currently being restored and we got a BRAND NEW GE washer to replace the one that was broken. This was excellent news as I needed a new washer anyways. Too bad they didn't break our dryer while they were at it ;) Outside of those big ticket items, only a few other small pieces were damaged (to which we will be compensated for). Nothing of major value...just a matter of going through each item we unpack and closely inspecting it.So our stuff is here and I've been working hard to unpack everything. You never realize how much stuff you have until you pack it all up in boxes. WOW!! I have made this a good time to go through stuff I don't want or need and donate it to charity.
We FINALLY got started on Ethan's nursery last week!!! This was the most fun I've had in a while. We put together his crib, rocking chair and changing table. His nursery is HUGE -- and I love having so much space to work with. In fact, I am pretty sure his nursery is larger than the master bedroom...oh well, my little munchkin deserves the best :) Once we have the nursery together, I will be sure to snap some photos for all to see!!
Oh yeah...celebrated my 28th birthday last week! I am really starting to feel a bit old. Regardless, I was happy to spend the time with my husband and family. I am blessed beyond measure.
Hopefully it will not be TOO long before my next post! Blessings to you all <3 XOXOX

No comments:
Post a Comment