Love.

Love.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

House and beebee update :)

Matt and I have settled into our new house and LOVE it.  We have so much more room/space!!  We have a 3-bedroom place with nearly 500 extra square feet of room.  Surprisingly, it doesn't feel like THAT much more to clean...granted, I'm saying that before my little womb-hijacker arrives:)

We have also found a great church and have already met some really fantastic people!  Matt and I had really been praying that the Lord would lead us to the right church.  Not only a church that aligns doctrinally, but a church where we can get plugged in and connected.  We have been attending Scarlet City Church in Clintonville and have been so overly blessed by the welcome we have received.  In Lynchburg, Matt and I had attended several churches where we just blended in.  We would continuously try to make an effort to meet people and reach out, but to no avail. This experience has been so much different and we feel 100% confident that this is where the Lord wants us to go.

I can finally say that all the boxes are unpacked, damaged items claimed and 95% of everything put in "its spot."  We officially completed Ethan's nursery and absolutely love it.  I already posted some pictures to Facebook but will post them here as well.





Matt and I also started our first "parenting class" last week.  We finish the class up this evening and have really enjoyed it thus far.  We were skeptical of taking any classes but signed up based on the recommendation from our doctor.  There is SO much more to a baby than I ever imagined.  I do not feel overwhelmed though...I feel ready!!!  With the help of many friends and family members, I am beginning to pack my hospital and diaper bag for the BIG DAY!!!  I cannot believe that the time is almost here....where did the time go??

I had my 38-week check up today and things seems to be progressing nicely.  I am one centimeter dilated and my cervix is about 70% thinned out.  Baby Ethan has dropped and is slowly descending :)  I can sure tell...my lower half is SUPER heavy and I have to go to the bathroom nearly every hour.  No complaints though...I'm so happy to have my little bun still baking inside of me.

I am so excited to begin this journey of being a mommy!  I have had such a wonderful role model growing up.  If I can be half the mom that MY mom was was/is to me...Ethan will have a wonderful life :)  I am also so very excited to see Matthew become a father. Watching him changing diapers, holding and bathing a baby doll in our parenting class has already started to pluck my heart-strings.  He is going to be such a loving, gentle and compassionate father....he will definitely model the characteristics of our Heavenly Father and I cannot wait to see it happen.

Ok, enough rambling for now...I love you all and I will keep you posted on the progress!!

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment