Love.

Love.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Adjusting to mommy-hood

It's been 2 weeks since we welcomed our most precious Ethan into our family.  Since his birth, life has been a whirlwind.  I never realized how much work went into being a mom.  Keep in mind, I have a near perfect baby who only cries when he is hungry.  Seriously, he doesn't cry when he has a dirty diaper, when he has gas, when he gets a bath or even when we change his clothes.  He's perfect.  He allows us to sleep for 3-4 hours at a time and after we feed/change him, he immediately falls back asleep.



Even with a completely content and peaceful baby, there is still so much to do!!  Breast feeding, pumping, diaper changing (which is like 12-15 diapers a day when you breast feed), baths, outfit changes, extra laundry, bottle cleaning, etc.  Even taking a shower and getting ready for the day proves to be a challenge.  Don't get me wrong...I am enjoying every single second of this job and have prepared myself for these mommy-duties :)



Matt and I took Ethan on his first "out-of-the-house adventure" yesterday.  We had a laundry list of stuff to get at the store and decided to go together.  We bundled Ethan up and headed out.  I'm sure I will get better at this, but I was a nervous wreck the entire time.  I almost felt as though I was carrying around the Ark of the Covenant, LOL.  Hopefully I will get more comfortable at this as time goes on.  Regardless, it was a successful trip and Ethan slept the entire time.



I am one proud momma and couldn't be happier.  I am relishing in every moment...

Until the next update XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment