Love.

Love.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A new chapter

I never really pictured myself as a blogger.  Instead I usually found myself sifting through hundreds of blogs and reading about the lives of others.  Now that my life is taking a huge turn and I am beginning one of the most important chapters of my life, I have decided to start blogging. 

As you probably already know, I recently married the love of my life.  To give you a "behind the scenes" of our love story, let me go back to early January.  I had recently declared to my mom that I would, "Not be dating for a year"  as I was taking some time off from the dating scene.  When I broke the news to mom, her immediate reaction was, "Ohhhhh....ok.  Are you sure you want to do that?"  Being the independent, strong-willed girl that I am, I confidently replied with a, "Yup, I sure am!"  Little to my surprise, the Lord had something much more exciting in store for me.  On January 10th, around 2am, I awoke from my sleep in a cold sweat.  In sincere honesty, the next thing I heard was CRAZY!  I heard a voice telling me to "Join E-harmony."  My initial thought was, "You've got to be kidding me!"  I immediately tried to lay back down but was unsuccessful in falling asleep. I woke up again to the voice repeating "Join E-harmony."  At that moment I recalled a friend from work telling me how she met her hubby on E-harmony too.  Reluctantly and after an hour of self-debating, I signed up.  Upon completing the grueling, 3-hour questionnaire, I was immediately matched and started getting "winks" and "nudges" by the dozens.  I immediately became overwhelmed as my inbox was becoming inundated. I started questioning whether or not my $120 was worth it.

This all happened on January 10th and on January 11th, I was matched with Matthew Robbe.  My first encounter with Matthew was not the best as he immediately skipped all the communication steps of E-harmony and jumped straight into the private messages.  One of his first messages to me was "Do you have a Facebook account?"  My natural red flags started to waive but something about him intrigued me.  He continued to pursue me for about a week and after about 20 solid hours of phone conversations until the wee-hours of the morning, he asked me on a date. The day that Matthew came into town, my mom recalls a phone conversation just moments before he arrived. "Hey mom, I think I might be meeting my future husband."  Of course this caught her by surprise since I had JUST told her about my projected sabbatical. Yes, I'm always this full of surprises!!

Matthew showed up on my front step with a gift & card in hand. When I opened the door he said, "Wow, you are even more gorgeous in person." Have goosebumps yet?  I hope not!!  We are only JUST getting started.  He dropped his gift and card and swooped me up (Hollywood movie-style) and swung me around in a tight embrace.  It was at that moment that I KNEW this was going to be something very special.


Matthew had the most personable and romantic proposal a girl could ask for.  Along the trails of Riverside Park, he got on one knee and asked me to marry him.  This was on 5/21 and on 11/12, we vowed ourselves to one another with a promise to never leave or forsake.  It was magical and the whole thing still feels like a dream and I'm waiting for the pinch.  Nope, this is real. Real true love.


And so now the journey begins.  The journey of life; two becoming one. Sappy?  Sure...but when you are this in love, you probably won't care either :)  Thank you for reading my first blog. I will update this regularly with pictures, videos and various banter.  Stay tuned and until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment