Love.

Love.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wedding: Behind the scenes

11/11/11...what a cool date, huh?? ....Well this date was especially memorable for Matthew and I as our families were beginning to travel in from all over in preparation for the BIG day!!

The day before the wedding was ever-so-relaxing!  Mom, Lauren and I headed out for a day of shopping, lunch and pampering.  Our first stop included the nail salon where we received a glorious pedi/mani.  They took especially good care of us since I'm well....a regular.  My heels were dry, so they brought out the heavy-duty cheese grater to clean me up.  It was hysterical and yet embarrassing all at the same time.  Upon being primped, we headed out to pick up a few last things for the rehearsal...

As I'm sure you are aware, my sweet Pappy went to be with the Lord after a battle with cancer on 11/10/11.  My Grandma and he had together for 54 years so the heart break ran deep.  Would you believe that she boarded her FIRST airplane only 24 hours later?  I now know where I get my independent, self-driven side from...Grandma.  She was there and it meant the world to both of us! I know Pappy was smiling down the entire time!

As family came in, the goosebumps started increasing by the minute!  I could hardly believe that I was about to become Mrs. Robbe!  What a honor....what an absolute honor to be marrying the most handsome, godly, patient, compassionate and caring man in the world! I mean that with no exaggeration.  God matched us ever-so-perfectly and I could not be more honored and blessed to be his wife.

As the evening progressed, we loaded up the car and headed down to West Manor stopping to put up the  "wedding this way" signs along 221....this was scary!!  We arrived at West Manor and the rehearsal was fun, intimate and ran smoothly.  I guess I assumed that SOMETHING would go wrong at your rehearsal since that seems to be everyone else's story...but we were the exception and it was perfect!  The picture sums up my feelings at this point in the evening!

Rehearsal smiles!!

West Manor is the most incredible, romantic and magical place to get married. I first fell in love with this venue back during my undergraduate.  While I was a part of the Theater program at Liberty, we had a few formal events held there. I remember telling mom many years ago, "If I live in Lynchburg when I get married...can it be there?"  I remember her saying "Honey, we can have it wherever you want." Wow!!  Pretty lucky girl, huh?  West Manor provided me with a wedding planner and a ceremony director.  What a stress-free way to go!!  I would encourage you to check out their site:  http://www.westmanorevents.com/

The bride and groom.


After the rehearsal, we headed downtown to one of our FAVORITE restaurants, Shoemakers!  We are partial to the  Calamari, Salmon and the Asian Grilled Ribs...yummy!!  We enjoyed some great food, great wine with some great company.  It was a memorable night that I will never forget.  Matthew was able to capture a few pictures of the evening!

Shoemakers

Soon-to-be-married, smiles!

Group shot

After dinner we immediately headed home as we had a BIG day in store for us!!  

I always thought that I would never get any sleep the night before the big day...I was again, another exception to the rule!  I was the LAST person in my family to get up!  By 10am, I hopped out of bed and started the day off with some good family bonding time over a cup of Dunkin Doughnuts coffee.  Muy Delicioso!!  Eventually the guys parted from the girls and we headed out for a quick lunch before the REAL magic began!!  Studio Style and Spa did both my hair and makeup!!!  I would highly recommend them if you are looking to get either done...check them out here:  http://www.studiostyleandspa.com/

I took the advice from many and relaxed.  I was so calm, cool and collective I actually surprised myself!  We showed up in our newly fashioned hoodies (compliments of one, Mommy Wasson) and let the salon girls take over.  Here is a picture taken just after we had gotten our hair done.  Our makeup was being done on-site at West Manor:

My talented mom MADE these hoodies for us!

Sisters!!!
Ok, no more pictures!!  That is all you get for now! You will have to wait for the official wedding photography before you get another blog post :)  Hold tight for a couple more weeks and I should hopefully have some up. Ok...I'll give you just ONE sneak peek at the altar but that's all:

"You may now kiss your bride"


No comments:

Post a Comment