Love.

Love.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Baby update!!

Earlier this week I went in for my monthly OB check-up and wanted to share a few details.  Matt was able to hear the baby's heart beat for the first time. What an incredible experience.  I could see the joy rushing over his face when the beats became audible.  When the doctor proceeded to measure my uterus (my apologies for the graphic-ness), he proceeded to say, "Wow, your uterus is large."  He started pushing around my belly button and then went, "Ohhh, ok. I see what's going on.  I thought you were growing at a more rapid pace but now I see that you have a short-waistline and have a misplaced belly button."  Wait, what???  Ok, doc...love ya, but thanks for the complex.  Never really noticed this before...but I guess that my waist is  bit off...ha.

Anyways, the baby is growing and the heart is strong. The heart was clocked over 150 beats per minute. Doc is convinced that it is a girl...and now Matt is too.  I'm still holding strong to my belief and I believe I'm carrying a little boy.  Maybe it was the Chinese calendar that got me on this track but regardless, I think there is a little wee-lad in there and we will find out soon enough. In fact, we have received the official date.  We will find out the gender of our baby on Monday, April 16, 2012!!  I do not believe I have ever been consumed with this much happiness, joy, love and excitement at any one given time.  Well, maybe I have... :)  I am pretty sure I was just as happy, joyous, in love and filled with excitement when I walked down the aisle to one, Matthew Benjamin Robbe.  I love him so dearly.

Once we find out the gender, we will begin to make more solid plans (i.e. baby stuff).  I have been trying to contain myself and refraining from purchasing things.  I guess I never realized just HOW much baby stuff is out there. Holy cow!!  Which type of bottle is the best?  What about car seats? Strollers?  Beds?  Ahhh...the list goes on.  I guess I have a lot of research ahead of me, huh? I want to get the best for our little nugget's arrival.  With all the "stuff" we will be purchasing, I have been looking at room decor.  I have found some of the best wall murals on www.etsy.com!  I have always been a neutral-color girl.  Our house is in all warm, cozy colors and I want to somehow incorporate that same feel into the babies bedroom.  I have a feeling things are going to look pretty gender-neutral.  But then again...my mind changes daily.  I suppose that I will have a more concrete idea once the gender is disclosed.  But alas, I shall continue to refrain from purchasing until April 16 (at least)!!!  The anticipation continues to beam with fervor. 

One additional (exciting fact) that happened during my OB appointment.  While Matt and I were waiting together inside the room, I felt these butterfly-like sensations on my right, lower abdomen.  I felt it again...and then again!!  I stopped mid-sentence and said, "Matt, I am pretty sure that was nugget."  He immediately put his ear up to my belly, trying to hear/feel it. I giggled...knowing it was much too soon for him feel anything.  But wow, what a remarkable feeling and experience.  I always marveled at pregnant women and longed to know what quickening felt like.  Well now I know...and it's incredible!!  I am so thankful to God for the ability to carry this wee little one.  I cannot wait to meet you, Nugget.  I love you more than you will ever know.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing Ashley. :) I love you, misplaced belly button and all! LOL. What a thing for a doctor to say...but we all knew you were special anyways. :) I look forward to every beautiful update from you two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheila you are so sweet!! Thank you for the note :)

      Delete