At the crack of dawn, we loaded up the car and headed downtown for the Columbus Marathon. This is the second year Matt and Gabriel ran it and they did FANTASTIC!! At the start of the race, it was 39 degrees...brrr!! Luckily I came prepared with a large mug of hot coffee.
At the start of the race, my sweet hubby grabbed a pair of race gloves for me so I wouldn't freeze. Even as he is nervous and preparing to run 13.1 miles, he was thinking of me. I captured a quick video as he was starting. He even dedicated his bib to us!!
Ethan was an absolute CHAMP and slept nearly the entire time. I couldn't believe he wasn't waking up. This particular marathon has a band and/or music playing every 2 miles. There were military bands, indie rock bands and even some country bands. It was quite entertaining...and my baby boy was snoozing through it all. He did wake up for just a few seconds and I was able to snap a quick photo.
Matt and Gabriel finished strong!! I was so proud of both of them!! I think a full marathon is in store for their future. Matt wants me to run the half marathon with him next year...I told him we will see :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment