Love.

Love.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

A bee, pumpkin and a 2 month check-up

This halloween was very eventful.  Ethan and I started the day early and had his 2-month check-up at 8:00am.  I have a love/hate relationship with these visits. While I love finding out Ethan's growth, I hate the shots and tears that come with it.  Ethan is 24 inches and 14 lbs!!  He is getting sooooooo big!!

The pediatrician's office is adorable.  The waiting room has a train circling the entire room.  There are so many toys, games...and there's even a gigantic fish tank to gaze at.  There is never a dull moment there.  Visiting the doctor's office is especially fun when it is Halloween.  The secretaries, nurses and even his pediatrician were dressed up for the occasion.  When "Dr. Pooh" walked into the room, I died laughing.  I was lucky enough to capture a picture of him before he left.



Ethan received 2 shots and 1 oral vaccine.  He LOVED the sweet taste of the oral vaccine but hated the shots.  He got one poke in each thigh.  He screamed bloody-murder for a few seconds and once I picked him up, he started giggling. That's right, giggling.  Only my child would start giggling and cooing only seconds after receiving two painful shots.  The nurse remarked, "Wow, that has to be one of the happiest babies I have ever seen."  That's right, proud momma right here.



The evening was even more fun!!  Matt came home after work and said, "Sorry I'm late honey, I needed to stop at the store."  He held up a bag and said, "No halloween is complete without some candy corn."  We set out our candy corn, prepared for tick-or-treaters and dressed Sam and Ethan up in their costumes.  Ethan was an adorable bumblebee and Sam was our little pumpkin!!









Matt and I always enjoy carving pumpkins and this year, we decided to carve "LOVE" with an arrow pointing to Ethan.  I also got some fun glitter paint and wrote "2012" on the smaller pumpkin.  We set our little bee in-between the pumpkins and had a blast snapping pictures.  Once we finished with Ethan, we got Sam in on the action.




We had SO much fun watching Friday the 13th and stuffing our faces with candy!!  Who doesn't love halloween??  As you can see, Matt and I were enjoying ourselves, hahah.  I can't wait until next year when we take Ethan out trick-or-treating for the first time!!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment